The real estate agencies can make visits to a house for sale or rent in Phase 0
The real estate agencies are back on the street
The real estate agencies are back on the street. The General Council of the Official Associations of Real Estate Agents of Spain has informed the whole sector that, after various consultations and contacts with the Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda, commercial agents, even from regions that are still in Phase 0 or Phase 0 with advances, will be able to make visits to homes and premises for procedures related to real estate business (sale, rent, etc.), even accompanied by clients.
This news is a breath of fresh air for this type of real estate business, which had been the most affected in the sector because it depends directly on this type of visit. The agencies will be able to carry out these visits as long as these conditions are met:
- That the premises or dwelling is uninhabited, or the visit is made when it is empty of its occupants and the time spent in the premises or dwelling is the minimum necessary for the management to be carried out. That is to say, if the property lives in the building, you must leave it and wait outside or wherever you want.
- That adequate security measures are taken to prevent contagion, individual protection and distance, both between the client and the commercial agent, and with the other occupants of other premises or dwellings in the property, at the entrance or exit of the same.
In view of the above, the General Council of the COAPIS in Spain recommends that visits be limited to what is strictly necessary and with the possible security measures, and suggests adding the following
- Inform the occupants of the properties that they may not be present during the visit.
- Specify the visiting time at those times of the day when the occupants are not there (walking time slots, for example).
- If the client is not well or shows suspicious symptoms of coronavirus, the visit should not be carried out or, if it appears during the visit, it should be suspended immediately.
In addition, the association has expressed that the agencies must inform the visiting client that during the visit it is essential to respect the indications that are detailed on the sheet that is given to them:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, and use a hydroalcoholic solution. Hands facilitate the transmission of the virus.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your elbow ﬂexionado.
- Avoid greetings and keep a minimum distance of 2 meters from other people participating in the visit.
- Use the protective material indicated by the competent authorities (masks, gloves, hydroalcoholic gel, booze) (It is recommended that the protective material be provided at the time to ensure a higher degree of protection for the agent and visitors).
- Avoid touching surfaces or furniture, if any.
- Limit the number of people visiting the house to a maximum. It is important that this indication is put in relation to the characteristics of the property to be visited, such as the surface area, for example, taking into account that the agent or his salesperson is part of the visiting group.
- Do not use and/or visit communal areas, and if it is essential because they are relevant elements for the operation, take extreme precautions to avoid coinciding with the rest of the occupants of the property.
- Preferably use the stairs, the lift should be reserved for those cases where it is essential, in which case the maximum occupancy will be one person, unless it is possible to guarantee a separation of two metres.
- Do not arrange open days to visit the property.
- Incorporate in the visit sheet: “The visit has been carried out with the recommended safety and hygiene measures”.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)